By making a Booking to stay you agree to accept the following Booking Terms.
Bookings are made when we or our Agent have confirmed your reservation and received an agreed payment. Payment must be by an accepted and valid credit or debit card; or by agreement: cheque, cash or bank transfer.
The price includes linen, towels, heating, water, welcome pack and logs for the fire but may be subject to additional charges in the event of breaches of these Booking Terms.
In the rare case that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot deliver your requested accommodation, you will be offered a full refund and this shall be the limit of our liability
Arrival and departure
Check-in and check-out times are as specified against each property. Alternative times outside of those specified must be agreed with us prior to arrival and cannot be guaranteed. A late check-out, unless previously agreed, may be subject to an extra charge if incoming guests are unduly affected. You are welcome to pack up but leave your car until 3pm and enjoy the day.
If you book direct with us and cancel or amend your confirmed booking within 10 weeks of the arrival date we will normally charge for any losses arising from the cancellation, up to 100% of the booking total. If you cancel your booking before 10 weeks we will refund your payment less any costs involved or we will hold your payment against a future booking that calendar year. Bookings through our Agent will be subject to their cancellation conditions.
To amend or cancel your Booking, call us on 01803 606938.
The total price quoted for the Booking is payable and will be charged to your credit or debit card at the time of an internet or phone booking.
Conditions of stay
We have standard rules to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of our guests.
- There is STRICTLY no smoking while inside the cottage at any time. We will terminate your booking without notice and without being liable for any refund or compensation and we will charge a special cleaning surcharge of £100 if you smoke while you are anywhere inside the cottage or there is a smell of smoke inside the cottage on your departure.
- We accept one clean, small (less than 10Kg) well behaved dog subject to our Dog Rules in Mallock Cottage and Magnolia 1 only. See Dog Policy below.
- Children must be 10 or over, well behaved and supervised at all times and are accepted in Mallock Cottage only.
- The quiet and peaceful ambiance of our property is very important to us and our neighbours and therefore guests must not make any unreasonable noise in particular between 22.00 and 08.00
- The cottage must be left reasonably clean and tidy. Any requirement for additional and deemed unreasonable cleaning will be charged extra. All food to be removed/ disposed of and bins emptied into the main dustbins provided outside the property.
- Any breakages or damage will be charged at cost and should be reported to the owners at the earliest possible time allowing alternatives to be purchased prior to the arrival of subsequent guests.
- There is parking for a maximum of 2 cars parked considerately and in tandem for Mallock Cottage and one car each for Magnolia House 1&2, no commercial or camper vans are allowed unless by prior agreement.
Our right to terminate your stay
We reserve the right to terminate your Booking without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in what we consider as unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to us, our neighbours
or other guests or you breach any conditions of stay.
- Other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or misrepresentation, our total liability to you is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will we be responsible for any indirect or special damages.
- We do not accept liability for any accident or loss from your car while on our premises, or the loss of valuables while left in the cottage.
- We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control.
- You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us or our property by your act, omission, default or neglect and you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss. For clarification this includes damage other than normal wear and tear and includes damage to mattresses and any extra cleaning due to failure to comply with the Booking Terms.
- In the event that we need to close the cottage for whatever reason prior to your arrival we will refund any booking charges in full and help you find alternative accommodation of a similar standard. We will not be liable for any additional costs whatsoever arising from this action.
We will welcome a small dog into Mallock Cottage or Magnolia House 1. However, our cottages are top quality and are enjoyed by many guests that do not have dogs. Therefore, our policy is super strict and you need to be aware of the following requirements before booking and during your stay. Failure to comply with these rules may result in you being asked to leave without compensation.
We only accept small breed dogs less than 10Kg.
- You must advise us at the time of booking that you wish to bring your dog. We make a £25 charge per week or part thereof.
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property and grounds. The deck area in Mallock Cottage is not secure so your dog may need to be kept on a lead whilst enjoying the outside space. The courtyard of Magnolia House 1 is secure but you need to keep a close eye to prevent fouling in this area.
- Any fouling of outside areas must be cleared up without delay. Any ‘accidents’ inside on hard floors should be thoroughly cleaned. If carpets are soiled you should advise us immediately so that we can use a carpet cleaner to remove.
- The pet owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in.
- Dogs MUST NOT be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time.
- Dogs MUST NOT lie on beds.
- Dogs MUST NOT lie on sofas and chairs unless covered with a throw. We provide these.
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are clean and free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent & potentially significant charges.
- After walks, dogs should be washed and dried outside the property before entry.
We thank you for adhering to our policy and know that you and your dog will have a fabulous time in this area. We are lucky that it is such a dog friendly place with accessible beaches, cafes, pubs and restaurants even during high season so you will find plenty to do with your dog.
3. Facebook competitions
- The promoter is Cockington Cottages
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Cockington Cottages and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
- Closing date for entry will be stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post. Entrants need to Like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own will.
- On accepting the prize, the winner will be required to pay a £100 damage deposit 7 days prior to their stay. This will be refunded in full, assuming no damage is made to the property, within 7 days of departure.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post and will be subject to availability
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random
- The winner will be notified by via private message on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.